- Last Updated: Thursday, 11 January 2018 12:37
- Written by Huish Episcopi Parish Council
Huish Episcopi Parish Council News
In addition to the general day-to-day activities of the Parish Council, various projects (details on this website) have been tabled and successfully completed recently, these include:
• A defibrillator available to all on a 24/7 basis, this is situated outside the entrance to Huish Leisure.
• Road safety (Wig-Wag) speed awareness lights installed either side of the Academy in Field Road.
• A “dropped kerb” at the St. Mary’s Church corner to assist the disabled and mothers with prams.
• Five village road signs
• Twelve further plots added to the allotments bringing the total to thirty-six.
• A bus shelter installed opposite Huish Episcopi Primary School, a joint project with Langport Town.
• In addition to providing funding towards the Christmas lights in Langport, funds were also made available for the display to be extended to include the Westover Trading Estate, which lies within the Parish of Huish Episcopi. It is proposed to extend this display in 2018.
Huish Episcopi continues to support Langport town, two thirds of the precept going towards maintaining both communities’ amenities, for details click here.
The Parish Council meets bi-monthly with occasional meetings in-between; parishioners are very welcome to attend. There is also a Councillors’ Surgery comprising Councillors from both Huish Episcopi and Langport Councils, click here for details.
Chairman Huish Episcopi Parish Council