St. Mary's Church
- Last Updated: Sunday, 13 August 2017 06:51
- Written by John Taylor
St Mary the Virgin is the Parish Church of Huish Episcopi cum Langport. It stands at the end of Field Road having been established in the 1100's. It has several historic architectural features; many are known worldwide. The tower is 500 years old and it was represented on a 9p postage stamp in 1972. The entry door is a classic Norman or Romanesque design with a zigzag pattern. The feature that brings visitors to Huish Episcopi from around the world is the Sir Edward Burne-Jones stained glass window. This Victorian window depicts the Nativity of Jesus and demonstrates the art of one of the country's pre-eminent Pre-Raphaelite artists and exponent of the Arts and Crafts Movement.
Choir Practice followed by Bell Ringing Practice - March 2013
Choir Mistress - Alma Tucker
Once activated (click anywhere on the image screen) you may vary the picture quality and size by using the controls along the lower edge.
St Mary's Church, Huish Episcopi Summer 2016 Fete
Wonderful weather, good crowd, lots to see, do, drink and eat!
This is a video depicting Fete Day 2017 starting with views from the Church Tower Roof and then of the Fete itself.
The weather was doubtful in the morning but brightened up in time for the Fete albeit windy at tower roof level!